Gambia to ease lockdown limitations
The President of the Gambia Adama Barrow, disclosed of easing limitations brought by the pandemic.
The country which have been in state of emergency for not less than two months ago, will be easing some restriction measures put forward by the government.
*Summary of the president’s address*
1. Religious services commence effective Friday, 5th June, with mandatory use of nose masks and with congregations not exceeding 100.
2. Monday 15th June, final year students of JHS, SHS and university will resume school.
3. Fumigation of all schools across the country before reopening.
3. Private burial of a maximum of 100 persons can proceed.
4. Wedding, and other social gatherings can now be done with not more than 100 people.
5. Other social gatherings such as sporting activities, political rallies, crusade and funeral are still prohibited.
6. Our borders are still closed till further notice.
7. Enhance personal hygiene and social distancing protocols.