nIGERIA nEWS

now browsing by tag

 
 

NSCDC Takes into Custody a Man In Ondo For Reportedly Sleeping with His Two Little Daughters

A middle-aged man named, Femi Onifade has been taken into custody in Akure, the Ondo State capital by officials of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) for reportedly sleeping with his two little daughters.

The Commandant of the NSCDC in Ondo State, Mr Philip Ayuba, made this known in a statement signed by the command’s public relations officer, Mr Olufemi Omole.

‘He said that Onifade, 48, a welder defiled his two daughters, aged six and nine years.’

The NSCDC boss noted that the suspect who is a resident of No. 27 Liberty Hospital Road, Oluwatuyi, Akure when they were made aware of the crime.

Ayuba said the arrest was put forward by the assistance of paramount ruler of Akure kingdom, the Deji of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Aladelusi.

The Statement reads: “During initial interrogations, the suspect denied the allegations.

“However, we gathered that there had been a long-term disagreement between the man and his wife as a result of constant molestation and maltreatment.”

“Onifade Femi always seized the opportunity of his wife’s absence to harass the minors sexually.

“It was revealed that few days ago, the suspect bought a bottle of soft drink, mixed a powdery substance in it and gave the kids to drink.

“Onifade Femi went further to caress the kids and suck their private parts.”

“Neighbours reacted on hearing the wailing of the children throughout the night after sending out their mother.”

According to Ayuba, medical reports from the Federal Medical Centre, Akure disclosed that the two kids have lost their hymen and their private parts deeply opened.

Ayuba make known that the suspect would be charged to court very soon.

Source___Channels TV

Buhari, Gbajabiamila Condole With Media Industry, Mourn death of Waheed Bakare

President of Nigeria Muhammadu Buhari and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr Femi Gbajabiamila, have commiserated with the media industry, particularly Nigeria Union of Journalists and Nigeria Guild of Editors, on the sudden demise of Mr Waheed Bakare the Saturday Editor of New Telegraph.

In dissimilar statements on Monday, the President and the Speaker sympathize with the late journalist’s family.

‘President Buhari according to a brief communique signed by his special aide, Mr Femi Adesina, sent his condolences to the family of the deceased, and management of New Telegraph Newspapers, describing the editor’s death as a collective loss to the media and the nation that he served passionately with his talent.’

The President commune with and prayed that God will receive the soul of the departed, and make it easy on all that mourn him.

In a similar vein, Rep. Femi Gbajabiamila described the death of the Editor as a sad loss.

‘Gbajabiamila also commiserated with the late Journalist’s family, the entire management and staff of the New Telegraph Newspaper over the loss, he also condoled with the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), stressing that Nigerian journalism has lost one of its dedicated members, whom he described as a diligent and hardworking individual.’

Source___Channels TV

‘Super Eagles Forward Victor Osimhen Loses Father’

Nigerian footballer and Lille forward, Victor Osimhen father passed away, Patrick Osimhen.

Osimhen, 21, took to his official Twitter handle to make the news known of his father’s demise.

“RIP Dad. No words to describe this feeling,” he tweeted.

His French Ligue 1 team also offered sympathy with the 2015 U-17 World Cup winner over the occurrence, warranting him of the club’s support in this “difficult time.”

“Today we learned with great sadness of the passing of @victorosimhen9 ‘s father,” the French side tweeted.

“The entire LOSC family is joined in grief with Victor and his family. He has our full support during this difficult time.”

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) also tweeted on its official handle, sympathying with the striker over his father’s death.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time,” the football body said. “Take heart and stay strong.”

The former Wolfsburg player has had an impressive start season with The Mastiffs after earning 18 goals in 38 matches since joining them last summer from the Belgian side, Sporting Charleroi.

‘He has scored 13 goals in the French Ligue one as Christophe Galtier’s team ended fourth on the log. In September 2019, he won the French Ligue 1 Player of the Month gong for his sterling showings.’

Source___Channels TV

PDP in Nigeria Refuses to accept Kogi Election, Heads To Appeal Court

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Nigeria has refused that its candidate Musa Wada, won the November 2019 Kogi state governorship election.

The party in a statement signed on Sunday by its National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, make it known their will to take back its victory at the Appeal Court.

This was in response to the Kogi Governorship Election Petition Tribunal sitting which on Saturday make known the election of present Governor, Yahaya Bello.

The PDP described the judgment as an alerting stillbirth of justice, declaring that their candidate, Wada, put forward their undeniable proofs of electoral ‘manipulations’ as affirmed by Justice Ohimai Ovbiagele in his unconventional judgment.

“Our party was able to lay incontestable evidence of over-voting, massive thumb printing, voter intimidation, thuggery, violence and other malpractices used by the APC and compromised Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) officials to rob our candidate and the people of Kogi state of their mandate.

“The PDP expressed shock that despite the overwhelming evidence before the tribunal, proving that Governor Yahaya Bello did not win the election, justice was thwarted to the disappointment of the people of Kogi state and generality of Nigerians.

“The fact remains that the evidences are clear that our candidate is the genuine choice of the people and our party is confident that the Court of Appeal will uphold justice in this matter,” PDP’s statement read in part.

The party also praised Justice Ohimai for his bravery and showing that there is hope in the institution of the judiciary.

Source___Channels TV

Lagos ConfirmsFour New COVID-19 Deaths

Lagos State government on Thursday confirmed four new coronavirus deaths

This was made known by the Commissioner for Health, Professor Akin Abayomi, via his official Twitter handle.

According to the Commissioner, the new COVID-19 deaths brings the toll of fatalities in the state to 42.

He also stated that 199 new cases of the COVID-19 infections were confirmed in the state while 17 additional recoveries were recorded.

“199 new COVID-9 cases were confirmed in Lagos. The new cases bring the number of confirmed COVID-19 infection in Lagos to 2970.

“Additional 17 fully recovered COVID-19 patients; 6 females and 11 males were discharged. The total number of COVID-19 discharged patients in Lagos now stands at 649.

“Additional 4 COVID-19 related deaths were recorded in Lagos. The total number of COVID-19 related deaths in Lagos rises to 42,” Abayomi tweeted.

Source___Channels TV

Lagos Initiates Post-COVID-19 Review Committee For Tourism, Entertainment Industry

The Lagos State Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture has launched members of the Lagos State post-COVID-19 Pandemic Review Committee.

The six-man committee chaired by Mrs. Joke Silva, MFR, is expected to draw out observations and recommendations on how to revive the State innocative industry, which has been slow as an outcome of the Coronavirus pandemic presently devastating the world.

The Honourable Commissioner for Tourism, Arts and Culture, Pharm. (Mrs) Uzamat Akinbile-Yusuf, while launching the Committee at Alausa, on Thursday, said that the members are anticipated to make suggestions to the State government on ways to restore its economy, particularly the Tourism and Entertainment industry.

In her words: “The situation in the world today was not pre-determined. This is where we are and this is what we have seen happening to us. The tourism sector is one of the worst-hit sectors by this pandemic because, on a daily basis, Lagos records new cases and we must not shy away from the fact that COVID-19 is still with us”.

“Everywhere is shut down. The airline operators are not operating, there is nothing like Art exhibitions, and hospitality businesses have been put on hold. So, we want to find a way to sustain our economy and the industry, even with the pandemic and see how best we can continue to improve on the creative sector”, she added.

‘The Commissioner highlighted some of the terms of reference for the Committee, which is expected to submit its reports in two weeks, to include conducting a holistic assessment of the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on the industry and come up with recommendations on the short and long term palliatives with respect to soft loans and grants, to assuage the negative impact of the scourge on the industry.’

Source___Channels TV

Eight Medical Doctors Test Positive For COVID-19 In Zamfara Nigeria

 

The Nigeria Medical Association in Zamfara state has recorded that eight of its members have tested positive for Corona Virus.

The vice-chairman of the association in the state, Mannir Bature told Channels Television that the eight medical doctors who are among the recently recorded cases of COVID-19 are in Zamfara state and were infected in the line of duty at various public hospitals in the state.

Dr Bature also said that the doctors got the infection while attending to patients at hospitals who were already confirmed with the virus.

He, further, urged on the Zamfara State Ministry of Health to provide medical workers in all the public hospitals in the state with personal protective equipment to help them from contracting the virus.

He also pledged for improved risk allowances for medical doctors and other health workers that are tangled in the management of the coronavirus pandemic in Zamfara state in Nigeria.

Source___Channels TV

One more time , Distrusted Boko Haram Rebels Attack Dapchi Community

Gunmen suspected to be Boko Haram rebels have once again attacked Dapchi community in Yobe state shooting discontinuously

A Dapchi inhabitant solely known as Garba told Channels Television that the security personnel put on duty in the community engaged the gunmen while he was fleeing into the bush for safety.

Garba who is a mechanic further make known that the attackers shift away food opiate brought into the palace of the District Head by State Emergency Management Agency and later set the palace ablaze.

*The Police Public Relation Officer in the state, ASP Abdulkarim Dungus confirmed the incident but said the number of casualties are still sketchy as means of communications have been tempered with making contacts very difficult .*

Attempts to speak with the Acting Assistant Director, Army Public Relations, Sector 2 Operation Lafiya Dole, Lieutenant Chinonso Oteh manifest abortive as he could not be reached on the phone.

Dapchi, a town about 100 kilometers from Damaturu the state capital was last bombarded on March 5, 2020 in which seven mobile police officers were killed and also an bulletproof vehicle burnt down.

Source___Channels TV

Nigeria Confirms 338 New COVID-19 Cases, Toll of Infections Near 6,000

 

Nigeria has confirmed 338 new cases of the novel coronavirus, according to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control.

In a tweet on its official handle late Sunday, the NCDC said Lagos had recorded 177 new cases, while Kano posted 64 cases.

Other regions with latest cases include the FCT with 21, Rivers with 16, Plateau with 14, Oyo 11, Katsina nine, Jigawa and Kaduna with four each, and three cases from the trio of Abia, Bauchi, and Borno.

Gombe, Akwa Ibom, and Delta states also confirmed two new cases each, while Kebbi and Sokoto shared two cases between them.

Meanwhile, earlier on Sunday, national coordinator of the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19, Sani Aliyu, said President Muhammadu Buhari is set to address Nigerians on Monday over the Corona Virus pandemic.

While some are anticipating for the President to further relax lockdown measures caused by the virus, COVID-19 cases have continued to increase across the country.

Source___Channels TV

Ekiti Sends Delegates to Edo to Understudy Edo BEST

As the success story of the Edo BEST initiative continues to resonate across the length and breadth of the country and beyond, the Edo State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB), recently played host to a delegation from Ekiti State whose objective was to understudy the Edo BEST initiative and its success story in order to replicate same in Ekiti.

The delegation which was led by Mr. Familoni F.A, Director, Science, Technology and Mathematics, Ministry of Education, Ekiti State, were taken on a tour to public primary schools in the State for a first hand assessment of the impact, practicality and effectiveness of Edo BEST. Amongst the schools visited were Adesuwa primary School and Oghobaye Primary School, in Oredo and Ikpoba Okha LGAs respectively.

Welcoming the delegates, the Executive Chairman, Edo SUBEB, Dr. Joan Osa Oviawe, noted that the whole journey began when the Edo State Governor, His Excellency, Godwin Obaseki, decided to re-enact the tenets of basic education in the State in a bid to provide a solid education model for pupils of public primary schools in Edo State.

According to Dr. Oviawe, “The pillars of Edo BEST have helped greatly in improving basic education in the State. The Teacher Professional Development programme has been greatly improved upon as our teachers have been trained in the used of modern teaching techs and also equipped with mobile computer gadgets and smartphones to aid the teaching and learning process. So far, over ten thousand, five hundred (10,500) teachers have been trained in digital pedagogy and other modern teaching techniques with more than 450 education managers trained as well.”

Dr. Oviawe also stressed on the fruitful partnership between the State Government and the communities hosting Edo BEST schools as about 11,628 School Based Management Committee (SBMC) members have been trained so far.

Speaking, a field officer from Ikpoba Okha, Mrs Erhabor Osasumwen who covers 20 schools, stressed that her duty as a Learning and Development Officer involves mentoring and supporting teachers to achieve the desired results. According to Mrs Erhabor, “Through the help of field officers Edo BEST is able to sensitize the community on the need to send their children to school and also attain quality and standards”

Responding, the leader of the delegation, Mr. Familoni F.A., noted that they were satisfied with the level of professionalism displayed by the teachers in public primary schools in Edo State. According to Mr. Familoni, “Even schools in the rural areas have the same Pattern of delivery both in teaching and learning activities”. He emphasized that they are happy to be in Edo State and are willing to replicate Edo BEST in Ekiti State.

The leader of a UBEC TV documentary team, Mr Ossom Ossom, who was privy to be in attendance, stressed that Edo state caught the attention of UBEC, through the success story of Edo BEST. “Edo State was chosen by UBEC to showcase the achievements of UBEC across the 36 States in the country and the FCT as a result of its success story with the Edo BEST scheme”, Mr Ossom noted.

The Edo State Government under the leadership of Governor Godwin Obaseki is advancing and transforming the basic education sub-sector to meet with global standards and over two hundred thousand (200,000) pupils of public primary schools in the State are currently benefiting by this initiative.

Edo BEST provides quality education for every child.

Photo Caption: Delegates from Ekiti with Edo BEST teachers and pupils during the school tour in Edo

Copyright © 2014-2020 Afrinity Productions.
Powered By SML Media

| KABBO Theme by: D5 Creation | Powered by: WordPress