Donald Trump

now browsing by tag

 
 

Trump’s conspiracy theory against Ms Harris failed.

According to BBC, the campaign team for Democratic White House candidate Joe Biden has issued a scathing response after US President Donald Trump amplified a conspiracy theory about his running mate.

Mr Trump said he had “heard” that Kamala Harris – a US-born citizen whose parents were immigrants – “doesn’t qualify” to serve as US vice-president.

The fringe theory put forward by Trump has been dismissed by constitutional experts.

The Biden campaign called the comments “abhorrent” and “pathetic”.

They noted that Mr Trump spent years promoting a false “birther” theory that ex-President Barack Obama was not born in the US.

Ms Harris, a senator from California, on Tuesday became the first black woman and the first Asian-American to be named as a running mate on a main-party US presidential ticket.

“Donald Trump was the national leader of the grotesque, racist birther movement with respect to President Obama and has sought to fuel racism and tear our nation apart on every single day of his presidency,” a Biden campaign spokesman said in an email.

“So it’s unsurprising, but no less abhorrent, that as Trump makes a fool of himself straining to distract the American people from the horrific toll of his failed coronavirus response that his campaign and their allies would resort to wretched, demonstrably false lies in their pathetic desperation.”

Ms Harris was born to a Jamaican father and Indian mother in Oakland, California, on 20 October 1964. As such, she is eligible to serve as president or vice-president.

Constitutional scholars have dismissed the fringe legal theory that Mr Trump was referring to.

Trump rushes out of the news conference after a shot

US President Donald Trump was rushed out of a news conference after Secret Service agents shot and wounded a man who is alleged to be armed outside the White House.

According to BBC, the Secret Service said the occurrence took place one block from the compound, when an officer fired on the suspect who had run “aggressively” towards him.

An agent then walked on stage as Mr Trump was speaking and led him away.

The president returned minutes later to say the situation was taken cared of.

The US Secret Service said the incident happened on Monday on the corner of 17th Street and Pennsylvania Ave – outside the White House perimeter.

The Secret Service did not say whether the man was armed. It added that “both the officer and the suspect were then taken to hospital”, and that “at no time during this incident was the White House complex breached”.

When the president returned nine minutes later, he said: “Law enforcement shot someone, it seems to be the suspect.”

He said he did not know if the person harboured any ill intentions towards him.

“It might not have had anything to do with me,” Trump clearly stated.

Source___BBC

US election 2020: Trump says Democrats candidate Joe Biden will ‘hurt God’ if Elected

US President Donald Trump has make known that Joe Biden is “against God”, ramping up attacks on his Democratic rival and covering an ugly election battle.

According to BBC, the remarks, during a trip to Ohio, came as Mr Trump step up to make up ground in the crucial Midwestern states that were his path to winning in 2016.

“He’s against God. He’s against guns,” said the president, a Republican.

Mr Biden, an avowed Catholic, will take on Mr Trump in November. Opinion polls suggest the Democrat currently leads and there is a possibility of Trump loosing.

Mr Trump, who identifies himself as Presbyterian, said of Mr Biden earlier in the day in Cleveland, Ohio: “He’s following the radical left agenda.

“Take away your guns, destroy your Second Amendment. No religion, no anything, hurt the Bible, hurt God.

“He’s against God, he’s against guns, he’s against energy, our kind of energy.”

BBC further said, Mr Trump has been accused of using the platform of the presidency for political gain by injecting campaign-style rhetoric into taxpayer-funded official engagements intended to communicate US government policy.

Credit___BBC

BBC said, TikTok is threatening legal action against the US after their president Donald Trump act on firms to stop doing business with the Chinese app within 45 days.

The company replied that they were “shocked” by an executive order from the US President disclosing the ban.

TikTok said it would “pursue all remedies available” to “ensure the rule of law is not discarded”.

According to BBC, Mr Trump issued a familiar act against China’s WeChat in a major escalation in Washington’s stand-off with Beijing.

WeChat’s owner, Tencent, said: “We are reviewing the executive order to get a full understanding.”

The president has already threatened to ban TikTok in the US, citing national security concerns, and the company is now in talks to sell its American business to Microsoft. They have until 15 September to reach a deal – a deadline set by Mr Trump which is a period of 45 days.

The Trump administration claims that the Chinese government has access to user information gathered by TikTok, which the company has denied.

Trump removes campaign manager as Biden continue leading in polls

US President Donald Trump has removed his longtime campaign manager amidst his loosing of poll numbers that showed him trailing further behind Democratic candidate Joe Biden with less than four months to go before the November 3 election.

In a Facebook post on Wednesday, Trump said campaign manager Brad Parscale would be replaced by Bill Stepien, who has been the deputy campaign manager. Parscale will shift to a role focused on digital and data strategy, the president said.

In his statement, Trump credited both Parscale and Stepien for their involvement in his 2016 victory in the US presidential election and predicted that he would glide to a second term in office.

“This one should be a lot easier as our poll numbers are rising fast, the economy is getting better, vaccines and therapeutics will soon be on the way, and Americans want safe streets and communities,” Trump wrote.

Source___Aljazeera

Trump to ‘sign executive order about social media’

US President Donald Trump will sign an executive charge aim at social media companies, the White House has said.

This comes after he jeopardize to shut down social media platforms he indicted of suffocating conservative voices.

The new dispute comes about after Twitter added fact-check links to his tweets for the first time.

The order’s details have not been put forward and it is vague on what managerial steps the president can take without new laws put forward by Congress.

‘White House officials gave no further information on what is expected in the executive order which is set to be signed on Thursday.’

*Before leaving Washington for Florida to watch a space launch that was postponed due to bad weather, Mr Trump again accused Twitter and other social media of bias, without offering evidence.*

Mr Trump also continued his claims of social media platforms on Twitter, ending a tweet with: “Now they are going absolutely CRAZY. Stay Tuned!!!”

The long in passing conflict between Mr Trump and social media companies blazedup again on Tuesday when one of his posts was given a fact-check label by Twitter for the first time.

He had tweeted, without providing proofs: “There is NO WAY (ZERO!) that Mail-In Ballots will be anything less than substantially fraudulent.”

Twitter added a caution label to the post and linked to a page which make it clear that the claims as “unsubstantiated”.

On Wednesday Mr Trump peril to “strongly regulate” or even “close down” social media platforms.

He tweeted to his more than 80 million followers online that Republicans felt the platforms “totally silence conservatives” and that he would not allow this to happen. In an earlier tweet, he said that Twitter was “completely stifling free speech”.

Twitter’s chief executive Jack Dorsey retort to unknown claims of the platform’s fact-checking policies in a series of posts, saying: “We’ll continue to point out incorrect or disputed information about elections globally.”

Source____BBC News

Republican National Convention: Trump alarms to move event from North Carolina

US President Donald Trump has alarmed to move the Republican National Convention if limitations are placed on the number of people attending due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The event is due to take place in North Carolina from 24-27 August 2020.

On Monday, nonetheless, Mr Trump said he would move the site of the convention if “full attendance” is not promised.

Almost 100,000 people have died with coronavirus in the US. Many states have put forward measures to stop its escalation.

In a number of tweets posted early on Monday, Mr Trump said that North Carolina’s Democrat Governor Roy Cooper was “still in shutdown mood” and was “unable to guarantee” that the event would take place at full capacity in Charlotte as originally planned.

“In other words, we would be spending millions of dollars building the arena to a very high standard without even knowing if the Democrat governor would allow the Republican party to fully occupy the space,” said Mr Trump.

‘Republicans planning to attend the convention “must be immediately given an answer by the governor as to whether or not the space will be allowed to be fully occupied”, the president said, otherwise another site would be selected.’

A spokesman for Governor Cooper said North Carolina was “relying on data and science to protect our state’s public health and safety”.

Mr Trump is hunting for a second term in office and there are no other Republicans stationing.

The Democrats shifted their convention back a month to mid-August because the coronavirus pandemic.

Source___BBC News

Trump and his objective to win a second term lay open in Michigan visit

President Donald Trump’s tarnishing of fact, divide-and-rule strategy and endless gain for new political enemies may be catastrophic in a pandemic.

But such behavior, combined with the promise of an American comeback, still adds up to a formidable electoral arsenal.

‘The President gave every impression Thursday of battling for his political life during a visit to Michigan, a state that crystallizes the themes of his bid for a second term and that could be decisive in his clash with Democrat Joe Biden. It was his most explicit display yet of his plans to beat treacherous pandemic politics and criticism of his leadership in pursuit of an even more logic-busting victory than in 2016.’

Trump mainly used the trip to present himself as the champion of an economic rebuilder and of millions of Americans who lost jobs, portraying Democrats as adding to the desperation of shut-out workers.

“A permanent lockdown is not a strategy for a healthy state or a healthy country. To protect the health of our people we must have a functioning economy,” Trump said, implicitly discounting arguments of critics who say it’s not yet safe to reopen.

“Americans who want and need to return to work should not be vilified — they should be supported,” Trump said, lashing out at journalists and politicians who can work from home.

Trump also touches his central campaign goals, bragging about his new trade deals, spreading his effort to use China as a scapegoat for not stopping a pandemic he himself had ignored and commemorating the border wall that is crucial to his bond with his claim supporters.

And he took a new approach at Biden’s mental capacity, identifying the former vice president “a Democrat that doesn’t even know where he is.” And even before he left the White House, Trump remit yet another lemon to his evangelical supporters, then followed up in Michigan.

Source____CNN

US President DonaldTrump revolves hard away from fight against suppress pandemic

US President DonaldTrump revolves hard away from fight against suppress pandemic

No matter the speed that Corona Virus cases are escalating in many states and that governors are ignoring his guidelines about when it’s safe to open.

Trump is beckoning off “warnings by scientists” that the easing limitations taking place across the country could cause tens of thousands of fatalities.

The White House gave its plain sign yet Tuesday, just less than six months from Election Day and as the number of deaths in US topped 70,000, that it is moving from pandemic management to a message of renewal and an aggressive pitch for a second term.

“And Trump is thwarting oversight efforts of how he and his administration responded to the pandemic that could reveal failures that worsened the outbreak”.

Trump comply that “there’ll be more death” as the country opened but added “the virus will pass, with or without a vaccine. And I think we’re doing very well on vaccines but, with or without a vaccine, it’s going to pass, and we’re going to be back to normal.”

Vice President Mike Pence make it known to the public, the conversations about ascending back the administration’s coronavirus task force maybe around Memorial Day at the end of the month.

Officials said that advisers like Drs. Anthony Fauci and Deborah Birx would in the forefront. But closing the task force would make experts whose science-based debates have sometimes not in line with Trump’s overly cheerful projections far less visible.

Source___CNN

Trump attests intelligence officials did not alert him of coronavirus until late January

President Donald Trump attested Sunday that the US intelligence community “did NOT bring up the CoronaVirus subject matter until late into January” and that “they only spoke of the Virus in a very non-threatening, or matter of fact, manner.”

CNN and other news outlets have reported that the President’s daily intelligence orientation included information about the coronavirus escalation in China and its potential to escalate to the United States as early as January 3.

It is not plain whether Trump — who infrequently reads the President’s Daily Brief put together by intelligence officials — read the information at the time or whether officials orientating the President in person brings out the issue.

The Washington Post also reported last week that US intelligence agencies put forward warnings about the coronavirus in more than a gigantic classified orientations made for the President in January and February.

Trump said Sunday night that he was first oriented about coronavirus on January 23 and affirmed the US intelligence agencies would be bringing forward a statement in the coming days.

“On January 23, I was told that there could be a virus coming in but it was of no real import. In other words it wasn’t, ‘Oh we gotta do something, we gotta do something.’ It was a brief conversation and it was only on January 23,” Trump said during a Fox News town hall.

Source___CNN

Copyright © 2014-2021 Afrinity Productions.
Powered By SML Media

| KABBO Theme by: D5 Creation | Powered by: WordPress